Distinctives of Asian American Preaching

Distinctives of Asian American Preaching

Professor Daniel Wong at Tyndale Seminary explains the distinctives of Asian American Preaching.

No tags for this post.

Comments

Puritan830 says:

I find this very interesting. I am an American, but I am a? member of the Chinese Christian Church, with a size of about 200 members total, English and Chinese services.

Puritan830 says:

I notice at our church that there is more of a sense of family. At the end of the service, we will ask for visitors to introduce themselves. I found this as odd and thought it might be embarrassing for the visitor, but it is done in? a sense of welcoming a guest at a home. I have found this to be unique compared to other churches.

Puritan830 says:

However, because of globalization, I have also found so many similarities in the beliefs of unbelieving students from the local colleges. There questions and objections are very postmodern ones, and are exactly the same as their Western counterparts. Questions such as “If God is real and loving, then why does suffering exist?” or “How can Christianity be the right religion? out of so many?”

They have found it arrogant when the preacher speaks with any sort of certainty about Christianity.

Fritz Kling says:

This was very interesting. I would enjoy hearing Prof. Wong go into a little more detail about specific? ways that Asian American mindsets, backgrounds, and pedagogical preferences are different from anglo caucasians here in America.

DrDanielWong says:

Thanks for your comments thus far.? Thanks DJ for posting this.

DrDanielWong says:

I have my workshop outline and further discussion on my web site under “Asian American Preaching.” See the link to my article on “Preaching in a Multicultural World” in Preaching journal.

By this way, I am Dr. Daniel L. Wong who teaches at Tyndale University? College in Toronto. I have done previous teaching at our Tyndale Seminary in Preaching.

MaharlikaAWA says:

Why is it that so many asians? are responsible for false doctrines and heresies spreading super fast around the world? Especially koreans. Why?

BiblesOnLine says:

You have to be retarded to be a Christian, only morons can belief that an innocent man be punished for someone sins, and they called it Justices, if God is Just.

Christianity imposed on people of the world base on Wars, Deceit, psychological manipulation, enslavement, false propaganda, Economic strangulation, Exploitation and Fake healers.

95% of the? peoples of the world want to be told what to do, and how to behave.

Samuel Yen says:

Now you can read? the Bible for yourself.

BiblesOnLine says:

There is absolutely nothing unique about Jesus.
Of the following (semi) deities, legends went around that they were born of a virgin:

Augustus (his father was the god Apollo) Agdistis, Attis,?
Adonis, Buddha, Dionysus,
Korybas, Krishna, Mithras,
Osirus, Perseus, Romulus and Remus,
Tammuz, Zoroaster, Jesus.

So basically, all the pagan religions were alike, including Christianity.
It just happens that one of them got the ascendancy.

BiblesOnLine says:

The Jews killed many Prophets for who sin?
Shemiah, Iddo, Nathan, Gad, and Jehu – 2 Chron. 12:15; 1 Chron. 29:29;? 20:34
2 Chronicles 16: 7-10
Elijah – 1 Kings 19: 10, 14.
Prophet, Micah – 1 Kings 22: 26-7
Prophet Zechariah – 2 Chronicles 24: 2l
Prophet Jeremiah – Jeremiah 15: 10; 18: 20-3; 20: 1-18; 36-40; 1:8; 27:11-19, 24
Isaiah – Hebrews 11:37
Prophet, Amos – Amos 7: 10-13
John the Baptist – Mark 6: 17-29

BiblesOnLine says:

If the Christians claim Jesus was killed by the Jews as a result he must die for their sins.
The Jews Killed many? Prophets, what did they die for?
Why only Jesus must die for their sins, what about the rest of the Prophets killed by the Jews.

Comments are disabled for this post.